Friends of the Society is the highest formal level in support of Muskoka Steamship & Historical Society. Friends contribute at least $1,000 annually to fulfill the organization’s mission:
In addition to the financial support, Friends of the Society contribute to our success in other ways. Many are or have been Members of the Board of Directors. They have chaired or co-chaired essential committees. They have lent their expertise for specific projects – for example – finance, law, human resources and film production.
We show our appreciation for the Friends of the Society in a number of ways:
- A $1,000 tax receipt applicable for the year in which the donation was made.
- Invitation to an annual “Friends” only cruise and reception.
- Plus all the basic benefits awarded at the Family support level.
The intrinsic rewards are equally generous:
- Opportunities to share your leadership skills through mentoring and committee membership.
- Pride in the knowledge that you are keeping Muskoka’s steamship heritage alive for future generations.
- New relationships with people who share your interests and values.
- Opportunities to share your membership benefits with children and grandchildren.
To become a Friend of the Society, or to receive an information kit about becoming a Friend, please call 1.866.687.6667 and ask to speak to the Chair of the Membership Committee.