The archives area at Muskoka Discovery Centre is filled with items pertaining to:
– Steamships, specifically those who belonged to the Muskoka Lakes Navigation Company
– Wooden boat information, specifically pertaining to the builders in Muskoka but some information on other Canadian boats
– Hotels and resorts of Muskoka
– Town, lakes and geographic places of Muskoka including maps
– Lumbering, pioneering and hunting during Muskoka’s early days
These archives are comprised of photos, objects, post cards, magazines, books, DVD’s, posters, boat designs and textual information. The extensive collection of photographs from the last 125 years is what the collection boasts as its largest collection.
If you have a question or something you would like researched please email email@example.com
Donation of Artifacts
If you have items pertaining to Muskoka steamships, Muskoka wooden boats or Muskoka resorts that you would like to donate to the archives at The Muskoka Boat and Heritage Centre please call 705-687-2115 or contact firstname.lastname@example.org. In many situations an income tax receipt can be given.