Welcome to the one-of-a-kind Muskoka Discovery Centre
- Step into the past to explore what it truly meant to have spent a summer in Muskoka, during the golden age of steamships.
- Watch documentaries about preservation and restoration on the freight deck of a Muskoka steamship.
- Experience the elegance of famous resorts from yesteryear as you sit in our hotel and listen to the sounds from the Big Band Era.
- Enter the boat builders workshop to listen to the stories of some of the craftsmen that worked there
- Become a steamship captain and blow the steam whistle or start up a working steam engine.
- Walk through the Grace & Speed Boathouse, North America’s largest in-water exhibit of antique and classic wooden boats, some made legendary Muskoka boat works.
- Learn about the biology and geology of the Region through interactive exhibits.
KidZone is located on the 2nd floor of the Discovery Centre.
This dynamic and high energy space is designed especially for families with children.
Some of the awesome activities in KidZone include:
- 3D Augmented Reality Sandbox
- LEGO building creative centre
- Die Cutter station
- KEVA Plank building zone
- Interactive Water Table
- Giant chalk board wall
- A Muskoka camp site
- Board games and movies
- Much, much more!
We are always adding to KidZone and making it even better, so be sure to stop by often!
For more information on KidZone programming and activities please call 705-687-2115.
These are just some of the hands on displays and state of the art exhibits that await you inside the Muskoka Discovery Centre. Come and discover all that is uniquely wonderful about this stunning slice of Ontario. We are the real deal.